My long hair is relatively fine and dry at the ends, so I’m always looking for products to add shine and body without weighing it down. Here are my top 6 cruelty free products for shiny hair!
NOTE: Ouidad may be sold in China and may no longer be cruelty free.
1. Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner – great for gals with wavy or curly hair. A great detangler and leave-in conditioner. It’s made with prickly pear cactus, green tea, Vitamin B5 and arnica to moisturize, seal the cuticle and prevent frizz.
2. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment - Smooth your hair, add shine and reduce drying time all at once. This styling treatment contains argan oil, sunflower oil and soy oil to condition hair. This one has more hold, but it also has dimethicone and alcohol, so use it a bit more sparingly.
3. Surface Bassu Gold Hydrating Oil – One of my faves! Read my full review here. This combination of argan oil, babassu oil, flax seed oil, aloe vera, linseed oil, coconut oil, vitamins and carrot seed oil make your hair shiny and soft without weighing it down. The smell is light and floral – I love it.
4. MoroccanOil – I’ve heard so many good things about MoroccanOil, so I finally bought some Intense Curl Cream from my friend, Shai Amiel, of Capella Salon. There are lots of interesting looking products by this brand, but the one thing that I can say about all of them is that they SMELL AMAZING! Sort of an earthy, amber kind of scent. It makes my hair smell so good! The Intense Curl Cream doesn’t weigh my hair down when I use a small amount. If you’re looking for something lighter, they also sell a Light Treatment Oil, Glimmer Shine Spray and mousse. Those are all on my wish list.
5. Jeune d’Age Argan Oil – There are lots of brands jumping on the argan oil bandwagon, but how do you know you’re getting the best? Jeune d’Age argan oil is vegan, 100% organic, virgin and cold pressed. It’s not chemically or steam-extracted, which could remove the product benefits. A little goes a long way. You can use it on your damp or dry hair AND on your face and body. It’s also great as a cuticle treatment, for acne spots and cuts/scrapes and for stretch marks.
6. Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment – This is definitely one of my all time favorites. Pequi fruit is found in the Amazon rain forest. The antioxidant-rich oil makes your hair incredibly soft and shiny and acts as a natural UV filter to keep your color longer. You only need a small amount, and it’s so light – I find it doesn’t weigh hair down at all.
My Beauty Bunny does not accept compensation for any product reviews; Press samples have been provided for this purpose. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.