Guest post by Christina Farrell of The Makeup Blogger
Throughout my life, I have battled with various skin care issues. My skin has a tendency to be dry, itchy, and prone to hives. Needless to say, I have made it my mission to find a skin regimen that hydrates my dry skin, calms irritation, and won’t inflame my hive outbursts (doesn’t this all sound so very sexy!). As I have previously written, I am currently having a love affair with essential oils due to their healing and nurturing effects on my skin.
A few months ago, I was sent some samples from an amazing woman, Jennifer Devlin, who started her own skincare line due to her own struggles with rosacea and dry skin. And, she is a redhead….. so I knew I would adore her. Not only did I adore her passion for her skincare line, but I was floored by the elegance, and quality of her products. Celtic Complexion is organic, and hand-blended so that each product is free of parabens or synthetics.
This is truly a line that is filled with love, and the utmost care. I couldn’t recommend it more.
“This serum was developed for people who cannot tolerate anything on their skin. It is a calming and soothing serum which reduces redness, inflammation, and sensitivity associated with rosacea, broken capillaries and sun burned skin.
Essential Fatty Acids are responsible for the structure of the cell membrane and give skin its elasticity and mattress-like “bounce”. I have put the three richest sources of EFAs in each bottle; Coconut oil, borage oil and evening primrose oil. These antioxidants are carried deep into the skin, plumping cells and bathing them in vital nutrients.”
- German Chamomile:One of the most widely used botanicals. It has emolient, healing, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory benefits. It also contains azulene, which helps to reduce puffiness and cleanses pores of impurities. Chamomile has great wound healing properties and is used extensively with skin problems such as rashes, acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
- Neroli:Helps to treat broken veins and capillaries under the skin’s surface, while at the same time, stimulates cell activity and growth which in turn leads to clearer and rejuvenated skin.
- Lavender: Mother Nature’s “healer”. Helps the skin heal itself. Stimulates cell growth, reduces inflammation, prevents scarring and balances the production of oil. It has anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, deconge-stant, restorative and therapeutic effects on the skin.
- Evening Primrose Oil: It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which supports anti-aging and reduces redness in the skin. Exceptionally high in fatty acids, especially gamma linolenic acid (GLA), which is part of the omega-6 family of oils.
- Borage Seed Oil: It has a cooling effect on the skin and soothes damaged and irritated tissues.
- Coconut oil:Prevents free-radical formation on the skin and helps the skin from developing brown spots from UV sun exposure. It helps keep connective tissues strong and supple so the skin doesn’t sag and wrinkle. It absorbs easily without feeling greasy. Reduces skin inflammation, itching and burning and provides soothing relief to wounds, blisters, rashes and burns.
A great way to try out the rest of the line, is through their Limited Edition Celtic Complexion Luxury Collection, a $117 Value for Just $49
This exclusive set includes:
- Celtic Complexion Crème, a Luxurious Moisturizer: Coconut oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, along with essential oils make this the perfect moisturizer for dry skin. Concentrated formula imparts a velvet, dewy finish to the skin. May also be used as a moisture mask and décolletage crème.
- Youth Infusion 7 High Potency Serum: A High Performance Anti-Aging Serum: Designed to Diminish the Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles. The crown jewel of the Celtic Complexion skin care collection. Contains rare and precious essential oils, along with a combination of three rich essential fatty acids to virtually erases the signs of aging including brown spots and wrinkles.
- Eye Elixir: Super drenched hydrating serum for the delicate eye area: Instant, portable hydration. The rollerball application tip makes it very easy to apply. Keep it in your purse, pocket or on your desk at work and apply it anytime you need an instant under eye pick-me-up. Made with nourishing essential fatty acids to quench the delicate eye area. It’s fragrance free and safe for contact lens wearers.
Guest post by Christina Farrell of The Makeup Blogger.
My Beauty Bunny does not accept compensation for any product reviews; Press samples have been provided for this purpose. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.