I was slightly hesitant to agree to review DERMAdoctor Gorilla Warfare hair minimizing facial moisturizer because I’ve tried hair minimizing products before without success. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this stuff works! And I have pictures to prove it!
I am totally obsessed with laser hair removal, but I have heard that lasering away peach fuzz doesn’t always work and in some cases it can make it worse. So, I decided to try Gorilla Warfare (love the name!) for my dark, but peach-fuzzy sideburns instead. I took a before pictures (gross – I kinda can’t believe I’m sharing this pic with the world) and then shaved the area and used the cream for one month.
I haven’t shaved, plucked or waxed since, and you can see a major reduction of hair growth – it’s still there but it’s much less noticeable. And I have cut and shaved this area before – not regularly, but in the past it has not grown back this light.
Like all DERMAdoctor products, Gorilla Warfare is cruelty free, contains no animal ingredients (the urea is synthetic), no fragrances, no dyes and is non-comedogenic (won’t make you break out).
- MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) LEAF EXTRACT – a natural source rich in dihydromyrectin
- DIHYDROMYRECETIN – anticipated to cause selective inhibition of tyrosine kinase activity of the IGF-1 receptor & prevents follicular growth during anagen phase.
- GYMNEMA SYLVESTRE LEAF EXTRACT – thought to reduce proliferation of keratinocytes and mitotic activity of hair folicle.
- SERENOA SERRULATA FRUIT EXTRACT – (aka saw palmetto) considered to limit testerone production.
- EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM EXTRACT – (aka fireweed) thought to minimize hair regrowth by denaturing the hair shaft helix.
- CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED EXTRACT – considered an anti-androgenic anti-DHT effect.
- SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT – thought to help dissolve and denature keratin.
- LARREA DIVARICATA EXTRACT – (aka chapparal) rich in NDGA which is thought to moderate regrowth and slows down cell growth rate.
- PALMATINE – moderates mitotic activity of hair bulb keratinocytes.
- SUBTILISIN – hydrolyzes keratin into small peptides and decreases synthesis of hair proteins.
- UREA – denatures the cellular proteins and expedites hair exfoliation.
- HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN – anti-androgenic effects.
- NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID – considered to reduce DHT levels.
- OLEANOLIC ACID – luekotriene inhibitor thought to help reduce DHT levels
This is definitely a cruelty free favorite! I can’t recommend it highly enough.
My Beauty Bunny does not accept compensation for any product reviews; Press samples have been provided for this purpose. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.