Hooray for the first signs of summer in New York! What do you think, dear readers–have we waited long enough or what?! Who doesn’t enjoy feeling the warm sun on their faces and limbs (covered with the appropriate cruelty-free sunscreen, of course)?
I’ll be the first to admit how much I love lying in the sun and soaking up its delicious rays, but I’m also smart enough to recognize the inherent risks associated with such a sybaritic indulgence. So, what’s a heliolatrous gal to do? Should I simply hide my ashen legs underneath multiple layers? Why would I want to do that, when I can have a healthy Jergens Natural Glow, instead. As an additional bonus, my favorite formula–the firming daily moisturizer–may also help reduce the appearance of cellulite. What beach bunny wouldn’t love that?
For best results, here’s how to apply (courtesy of Jergens.com):
- Always apply to freshly cleansed skin–this will help the moisturizer become fully absorbed.
- Smooth on evenly and thoroughly, just as you would with any daily moisturizer.
- Use sparingly on knuckles, knees, ankles and in between fingers and toes; these areas are dry and will absorb more of the product.
- For a natural look on the back of hands and top of feet, gently feather the product toward fingers and toes.
- For a natural look, apply the product to the tops of your arms and then blend around to the underarms.
- Rinse excess residue from the palms of hands, between fingers and around nails.
- As with any moisturizer, allow drying for several minutes before you dress.
- Avoid getting wet for at least three hours after initial application.
Another thing to remember: exfoliation isn’t just for our faces! After subjecting the skin on our bods to the harsh, drying effects of winter wind and indoor heating systems, now’s the perfect time to channel your inner snake and shed those icky dead dermal cells. Not only will your skin feel better, you’ll also haven an easier time distributing Natural Glow (or any other self-tanner) evenly–which means you’re a lot less likely to wind up sporting a pumpkin-hued “tan”. Check out the FAQs for a pretty extensive list of hints and tips.
I realize this product may not be everyone’s idea of a Summer Must-Have, but regular and careful use of this terrific moisturizer from cruelty-free drugstore favorite Jergens has helped me achieve a healthy glow which looks–and feels–almost as good as an old-fashioned tan.
Definition retrieved from Merriam-Webster’s Online Dictionary .
Press samples have been provided for review. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.