How To Achieve The Bare-Faced Beauty Trend For Spring
Prepare Your Skin
Before you apply any makeup, you will need to spend a few minutes cleansing your skin. This will help remove any impurities from your skin. You should also apply a moisturizing face cream to help hydrate your skin. Preparing your skin also makes it easier to apply the makeup.
Furthermore, exfoliating is something you will need to do once or twice a week. Exfoliating your skin helps remove the dead skin cells, which helps improve the overall health of your skin. It also helps give the skin a natural glow.
- Michael Todd Soniclear (a spa-quality exfoliation at home!) and Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Cleanser (deep cleans all skin types and removes toxins with charcoal)
- iS Clinical Cleansing Complex (a deep cleaning gel that removes makeup and is great for all skin types; this one was recommended to me by my skin care guru friend and aesthetician, Skin by Carla!)
- LATHER 10 Minute Brightening Mask with Glycolic Acid (an alpha hydroxy acid exfoliant that lightens and brightens without being overly harsh or drying)
- The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask (keep that skin hydrated while you sleep!)
Foundation is one of the keys to achieving a natural look. It helps even out of your skin tone. Not only can foundation even out your skin tone, but it can also help your skin glow. However, it is very important for to wear a foundation that matches your natural skin tone.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil FoundCealer (coverage like nothing I’ve seen before but best for normal to dry skin)
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream (I love this lightweight gel that goes on light without silicones and has SPF 30)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation (love this one and comes in so many shades!)
- Cover FX BB Gel (CoverFX has powder, cream, gel and liquid foundations – I love the BB Gel because it gives me lightweight matte coverage and it zaps zits while I’m wearing it without drying it out.)
- Pacifica Alight Multimineral BB Cream (perfect for that very light “you but better” coverage – gives you a great glow while hydrating and rejuvenating with jojoba and floral stem cells; vegan and available at Target stores!)
Apply A Concealer
Very few people are fortunate enough to have problem-free skin. Fortunately, imperfections like blemishes and fine lines can be hidden with a concealer. Makeup artists recommend applying concealer to each spot individually. It is also best to use a concealer that is a shade lighter than your natural skin tone.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Anti-Aging Concealer (HIGHLY pigmented – can cover anything!)
- Jordana Complete Cover 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer (watch Roxy’s review – the amount of shades is mind-boggling and the price is right!)
Apply a Touch of Blush
Give yourself a little color with blush AKA “caffeine for the face”! Just a little bit on the apples of the cheeks will do.
- Pur Minerals makes a wide variety of natural mineral blushes (try the universal marble powder in pink)
- Tarte also has a great array of blushes and bronzers
- The Body Shop Smoky Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Sticks (double duty! these come in 5 shades that you can use for lips and cheeks – great to keep in your bag for touch ups!)
- Also try The Body Shop Smoky Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in the Universal Shade (it starts out black and adjusts to your skintone – it also has a light, fresh floral scent)
Just because you are going for a bare-faced look does not mean that you cannot apply a little bit of color. You can still wear mascara and look natural. However, you can switch from black mascara to brown mascara. The brown mascara adds a fresh touch to the face. Many celebrities, such as Victoria Beckham, wear brown mascara.
You will need to curl your eyelashes before applying the mascara. You should only apply the mascara on the tip of your eyelashes. Use a lash comb to get rid of the clumps of mascara. Keep in mind that you can always use your fingers if you do not have a lash comb.
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara (I love that it keeps lashes healthy and hydrated while providing a natural look)
- The Body Shop Brow and Lash Comb (keep the spidery lashes at bay with this easy to use brow and lash comb)
Add a Touch of Eyeshadow
No need to go all smoky eye here. Just add 1-3 colors and blend, blend, blend. Try some of the natural palettes that are popular right now for a fresh faced, but not overly made up look.
- Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette (soft, matte colors – use the darker colors for the crease or a light eyeliner)
- Paula’s Choice The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette (soft, neutral earth tones for a natural look)
- Too Faced Country Nashville Palette (soft, sparkling colors for a fresh, clean pop of color)
Apply Lip Gloss
If you normally wear lipstick, then you may want to switch to lip gloss for a more natural look. Lip gloss helps give your lips an amazing shine. It can also help keep your lips moisturized.
- Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer (use this first to keep lipsticks or glosses long lasting and to keep from bleeding)
- NYX Intense Butter Gloss (try Tres Leches for a nice, nude look)
- LATHER Limited Edition Tinted Lip Balms (these come in 3 shades for a nice, natural look – vegan and very hydrating!)
What are some of your favorite natural-looking cruelty free cosmetics? Let us know which ones you love in the comments section below!
Press samples have been provided for review. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.