This is my FAVORITE Makeup Wars post of all time! Cruelty free – hooray! Unfortunately, it’s also one of the hardest – how can I pick my faves? There are too many! Well, here are 10 of my favorite “you must buy these immediately” kind of cruelty free products (i.e. “the ones I buy over and over again even though I get plenty of freebies from other brands and really don’t have to!”):
- OCC Lip Tar – Obviously a cult favorite – lip tars are amazing and there’s nothing else like them on the market! So highly pigmented and a ton of fun colors. You can also mix your own shades. (Vegan)
- Beautisol Summer Glow self tanner - When I’m feeling like I need to lose 10 lbs instantly, I put on my Beautisol Summer Glow self tanner – it works every time! It’s not stinky, doesn’t streak, doesn’t look orange, and it lasts about 5-6 days. Even though it’s called “dark” it’s not that dark unless you layer it over a few days, so don’t be scared to try it! (Vegan)
- Tarte Maracuja Rainforest Glow Instant Matte Waterproof Body Perfector – If I need a darker glow, or I don’t have time to let my Beautisol set, I use Tarte’s body bronzer. I love that it’s waterproof and goes on evenly – just rub it in, wash your hands and you’re done!
- DermOrganic Leave In Shine Therapy – My must have hair product – even while traveling. I can’t be without it! It smooths hair and adds shine. Keeps away the frizzies and makes my hair look healthy and smooth. (Vegan)
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye – Full coverage, waterproof, yet moisturizing, concealer with anti-aging ingredients to combat dark circles while it conceals. I use it under my eyes and on acne spots as well.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power - Universal brow pencil (works on all hair colors). I have tried many brow pencils and powders, but I always come back to this one.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance – this is the primer I use to make my shadows brighter, bolder and long-lasting. A must have.
- NCLA nail polish – I love this brand and its Los Angeles fashion vibe! I’m currently loving their new North of Sunset collection, but there are tons of older collections to love too!
- Murad Clarifying Body Spray – The whole Murad acne care line is amazing, but I am especially in love with this spray – it allows me to treat my back – an area that typically gets neglected because I can’t reach! You can spray it from any angle – even upside down!
Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion- the perfect toner – gentle, but still does a great job of cleansing normal to oily skin. Removes pore clogging residue and disinfects skin’s surface for thoroughly clean skin to prevent future acne problems. Some may prefer witch hazel to alcohol, but try it before you make that assumption. It’s really very gentle and doesn’t dry out your skin. If you have very dry skin, try the Aloe Vera Toner or Aloe Vera Lotion.(NOTE: I just heard from a reader that Mario Badescu has a store in Shanghai, which would make 3rd party animal testing necessary. Until I hear otherwise, I will assume that they are NOT cruelty free. I’m very upset about this!
Whew! I’m sure I could come up with 10 more, but these are the ones that I tell all my friends and family about. The ones I use over and over, and the ones I’d highly recommend to you!
Check out what the other Makeup Wars beauty bloggers chose as their top cruelty free faves!
My Beauty Bunny does not accept compensation for any product reviews; Press samples have been provided for this purpose. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.