What are the best cruelty free moisturizers for oily, acne prone and combination skin? Here are some of my faves.
1. derma e Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum – An extremely light formula with Hyaluronic Acid – a ‘moisture magnet’, capable of retaining up to 1000 times its own weight in water, and thus attracts and retains moisture for the skin.
2. Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus – (Now sold in China – No longer cruelty free) This lightweight, mattifying creme balances and calms with aloe and oat flour and provides the skin with a light veil of moisture. It’s formulated with antioxidants, horse chestnut, ginseng, hazelnut oil and vitamins.
3. Become Oil Control Moisturiser – This potent combination of natural and scientific ingredients works on breaking the acne cycle to keep your skin clear. This moisturizer is incredible for oily, acne-prone skin – it’s very mattifying, so I add a drop or two of argan oil to give my dry spots a little more moisture at night. It’s also great for inflamed and irritated skin.
4. Skin Authority Tri-Power Peptide Hydrator – Advanced peptides and neuropeptides at a low pH help firm, tone, smooth, lift, and brighten the skin reducing the appearance of fine lines and deeper wrinkles. This super light formula combines intense hydration with the anti-aging benefits of peptides, vitamin A, B, C, and E to help hydrate and nourish the skin, promoting healthy cell growth.
5. JoElle Skin Clarifying Hydra Creme – Infused with vitamins A & E, this oil-free, non comedogenic, lightweight gel creme absorbs oil without a trace. Lavender and tea tree oils provide antiseptic benefits while asafetida helps visibly fade hyperpigmented areas.
6. derma e Pycnogenol Moisturizing Creme – Pycnogenol blended with Vitamins C, E and A in a light, fragrance-free moisturizing creme. This is described as being for for normal to dry skin types, but I think it’s perfect for my combination skin. There is also a gel version of this for those with very oily skin. This powerful combination of antioxidants helps reduce inflammation, support micro-circulation, diminish fine lines, and improve elasticity, leaving you with smoother, healthier looking skin.
What are your favorite moisturizers for oily and combo skin? Let me know in the comments below.
Press samples have been provided for review. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.