Glam up a smoky eye with silver! You can rock a sexy, silver, smoky eye as part of a Halloween costume (sexy pirate, sexy ice queen, sexy cop, sexy janitor…wait, what?). Or, you can glam up a fancy holiday party dress with smoky silver.
Here are my fave cruelty free silver shades (pictured above from L-R):
- MAC Electra Frost – a cool silver with lots of shine
- NYX Casting Call Palette – the second two swatches are from NYX’s Runway Collection. A warm silver with a dark gold overtone and a cooler silver. The palette has 10 shades with every kind of silver, grey and black you could ever want.
- NYX Casting Call Palette in Casting Call.
- Hard Candy Eye Def Glitter Eyeshadow - a liquid shadow that comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator – you can use it alone or over a powder shade. It has large glitter bits. Disco has a light purple tinge (shown above). Robot is a shimmery, traditional silver.
- bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor in Luster – I love this color! It’s exclusive to the Spotlight On: High Shine Eyecolor Kit. It’s called a “gilded chrome” which is a pretty accurate description – it’s somewhere between a gold and a silver. A really interesting color. Make sure to tap the applicator like crazy before applying to prevent fallout. Or better yet – skip the applicator and use your own brush.
- bareMinerals Prime Time Primer Shadow in Midnight Silver – this is a colored primer that you can use alone or under other colors. Love.
- bareMinerals Rock Star Eyecolor – also part of the Spotlight On: High Shine Eyecolor Kit. This gorgeous, super-shimmery smoke color is the reason I bought the kit – an amazing color. The pic makes it look black, but it’s really a sparkly grey.
- Alima Pure mineral eyeshadow in Catwalk. Part of the Fall 2011 Runway Collection, Catwalk is a soft black when used dry. You can use it to darken any color. Or you can use it wet as an eyeliner. Bonus: Alima Pure is Leaping Bunny-certified and they donate $2 from each collection sold to the Global Fund for Women!
My Beauty Bunny does not accept compensation for any product reviews; Press samples have been provided for this purpose. Opinions are the author’s own. Article may contain affiliate links.